Friday 30 May 2014

Matchbox #1 Time Flies

WP_20140525_002Continuing with the Time Flies theme here is my altered matchbox design from inside my head.  The concept is that it can be used as a sort of worry box or wish box.  I wrote the inscription “If you tell a butterfly your wish, he will fly away and make it happen” so voila: you open the drawer, whisper your wish and when you close it he flies away and makes it happen…

The top of the matchbox was converted into an easel fold with extra card and the butterfly I hand made with my latest favourite technique!  Shrinkles!!!  Stamp and colour your design (I used twinkling H2Os to colour him in) and then heat with your heat tool!  Before it set too much I shaped the wings.  The paper flowers were hand punched.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IngredientsWP_20140525_010

  • Papers – Craftwork Cards (Time Flies)
  • Shrinkles Plastic 
  • Distress ink – Holtz: Tattered Rose
  • Gilding Wax – Creative Expressions: Bright Gold
  • Butterfly Stamp – Lavinia Stamps
  • Watercolour: Twinkling H2Os
  • Liquid Pearls: White Pearl
  • Bits and bobs: flower punch, stick on pearls, stick of aurora borealis diamantes, metal/pearl embellishment, metal button 

No comments:

Post a Comment