Saturday 30 July 2016

Art Journal: Hello Darkness My Old Friend

I’m pretty sure I’m going to divide opinion on this one – I wanted to challenge myself to create something in only greyscale this time.  The inspiration ended up being the music video for the cover of the Sound of Silence by Disturbed which has been beautifully directed.  I’ve used Pebeo acrylic paints in only mars black and titanium white, Tim Holtz tissue wrap and stamps by Sheena Douglass.  I’m curious to know what you think of this spread as I know it’s a lot moodier than what I normally do but art journaling is all about playing and trying things out!

Ingredients

  • Pebeo High Viscosity Acrylic Paints – Titanium White and Mars Black
  • Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap – Menagerie
  • A Little Bit Sketchy Silhouette stamps by Sheena Douglass
  • Black Archival Ink by Ranger
  • Spectrum Noir pen in true black
  • White Gesso by Pebeo
  • Gel medium by Golden

WP_20160729_001 [472425]

WP_20160729_003WP_20160729_004WP_20160729_006

1 comment: