Tuesday 3 March 2015

Spring is Here!

Hurray the days are getting longer and the flowers are starting to bloom!  To bring the Spring indoors this year I’ve made a few items.  First up is a hanging wreath made from chipboard, craftwork card flowers and bows and candi, some ribbon from my stash and a polystyrene egg that I painted (see below)

WP_20150301_003

Next up is a really low priced nest from Hobbycraft, some polystyrene eggs and some floristry wire.  I made a pale blue, yellow and green from my acrylic paints, I also had a yellow-green lustre effect and gold metallic acrylic.  Once dry extra details were added with stickles glitter and liquid pearls.

Finally I had a good play with the Spellbinders daffodil builder die to make half a dozen heads from Craftwork cards paper.  The yellow petals were made using the reverse of an orange pattern paper and coloured with squeezed lemonade and mustard seed distress inks.  Before adding the stamen I put a loop in the end of some floristry wire and poked it through for a stem.

WP_20150301_004

No comments:

Post a Comment