Sunday 17 May 2015

Art Journal: Makes You Pirate

I recently bought my first digital stamp – hurrah yay me!  I saw this pirate lady from The East Wind and just had to have it!  I coloured her in my Spectrum Noir Pencils.  The rest of the layout is a book page and distress ink sea and a homemade sand texture paint… don’t spend lots of artist sand texture gels, etc, if you have a child that you can get some play sand take a pot full and mix some with texture paste.  I also mixed sand with some magnolia paint to decorate the outside of my dolls’ house many years ago so it’s always handy to have for lots of textures.  The method on this spread also kept the natural sand colours.  Additional stamps were from Sheena Douglass (bottle and tree stamped onto acetate) but I think The Sea is Calling Me is Hampton Art’s.  Oh and before I forget, I applied clear gesso onto my pirate so that I could add distress inks.

WP_20150502_003

No comments:

Post a Comment