Sunday 10 July 2016

Mixed Media Canvas for Sheena Douglass

This is a mixed media canvas that I created for the designer Sheena Douglass.  The end result was really beautiful with all of its shiny parts and especially the mermaid whose tail catches the light beautifully.  I made it through to the 2nd stage of the recent Design Team Call out for Sheena Douglass and even though I wasn’t picked in the end I still wanted to share with you my makes and how I made my final round canvas featuring stamping, die cuts, stencilling and lots of Pebeo mixed media-ness!  The canvas had lots of super shiny elements thanks to the foiling and the Dyna paints.  For my samples that were made in the first round please scroll down past the video and past the ingredients list…

13528407_643338735842979_3190354352754178842_o

Ingredients

  • Gesso in White and Black by Pebeo
  • High density modelling paste and modelling paste by Pebeo
  • Crackle texture paste by Golden
  • Stamps by Sheena Douglass (mermaid and cracks)
  • Stencils by Sheena Douglass (pop dotty and equalizer)
  • Dies by Sheena Douglass (wild rose and day of the dead)
  • Embossing folder by Sheena Douglass
  • Acrylic paints by Pebeo (including Dyna colours)
  • Gelatos by Faber Castelle
  • Foil Gilding sheets by Pebeo (green and silver)
  • Drawing gum by Pebeo
  • Perfect medium by Ranger
  • Archival ink in Watering Can by Ranger
  • Spectrum Noir alcohol pens (skin tones)
  • Mixtion relief by Pebeo
  • Aluminium tape
  • Black card

Here’s my three makes from the first round:

WP_20160624_014(2) 

Day of the Dead Mini Canvas (click for blog post and video)

WP_20160626_005 1 (2)

Savannah Family Card – I’m planning on making this into an art journal page so make sure you’ve subscribed to my YouTube channel.

WP_20160628_015

Faux Leather Embossed Altered Box – click for the blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment