Sunday 7 June 2015

DT Call Entry for Sheena Douglass

Imagine my excitement when there was a design team call to join the magnificent team for Sheena and her inkettes!  The brief was to create three pieces: a card, home decor and own choice.  All the pieces below were created especially for this and whatever the outcome I had great fun making these!

 

1 – Card: Focus on colouring

I really enjoyed making this card, it was nice and simplistic in arrangement as I wanted to showcase my new Spectrum Noir colouring skills.  The result was a very reassuring card for anyone going through a hard time or a bereavement.  In those extremely difficult times sometimes there are no words that you can day to someone other than “I’m there for you”.  Couple this with the guy waiting patiently at a favourite place just in case you need him.

 WP_20150607_003

  • Stamps (background, moon and guy) and sentiment by Sheena
  • Drawing gum by Pebeo
  • Spectrum Noir pens and Tim Holtz distress inks
  • Blue mirror card, Kraft card blank (6x6), Neenah cardstock for alcohol
  • Spellbinders dies
  • Flowers, angel wing charm and string from stash
  • Tiny screw brads by Tim Holtz

2 – Home Decor: Focus on abstract mixed media

For this piece I wanted to hit a canvas with mixed media but still show how Sheena’s stamps can be brought into the final composition.  I am big into dolls houses and as a result I have some spare windows lying around which convieniently I had already painted.  I don’t yet have Sheena’s perfect partner flowers which would have been ideal for this but made do with what I had.

WP_20150607_008

 WP_20150607_010 WP_20150607_011

  • Canvas Paints: Acrylic paints, gesso, glass vitrail, fantasy prism and moon paints by Pebeo as was the clear outliner
  • Stencils: distress grid and grass by Sheena
  • Stamps: Magical and Laguna by Sheena
  • Wallpaper: embossing folder by Sheena, Distress Ink and guilding wax
  • Stamps coloured with Aqua Tints by Spectrum Noir
  • House number by Tim Holtz and coloured with Ranger alcohol ink
  • Glass bottle by Tim Holtz filled with cosmic shimmer glitter

3 – Own Choice: a gift: Polymer clay painted fairy door accordion book

I had so many thoughts on this third item but in the end wanted to show what I haven’t shown already: stamping into polymer clay!  And who can resist fairies! So here is my super glittery polymer clay painted fairy tree accordion book.

WP_20150607_004 WP_20150607_005 WP_20150607_006 WP_20150607_007

  • Polymer clay by Fimo, stamp by Sheena, acrylic and acrylic dyna paints by Pebeo
  • Inside background Aqua Tints and Distress Ink with spritz and flick effect
  • Stamps by Sheena (silhouette grasses and hidden fairies)
  • Stickles Glitter by Ranger in lots of colours

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning! So magical, I feel whisked away by the designs that are so clearly made from the heart x

    ReplyDelete