Friday 11 August 2017

BRAND NEW: Spectrum Aqua pen colours Launching August 19th

I have loved Spectrum Aqua since they were launched so you can imagine how giddy I was to discover that new colours were being launched!  Aqua pens are one of the most versatile products you can get hold of.  They are portable, clean to use and offer a TON of variety when it comes to techniques!  The new colours are arranged in sets of 6 so you can add to your collection in stages – or check out the bundle launching as a One Day Special on Hochanda on Saturday August 19th!  They are also including some brand new stamps with your pens that really show off the vibrant watercolour appeal to these.  These aren’t just random colours – there’s some GREAT colours that we need including a primary red and a primary blue that we have needed!  The sets are called: Earth, Botanicals, Landscape and Brights.
Aqua pens are double ended with both a brush nib and a very fine nib.
Show Times: Hochanda 6pm Saturday 19th August, and throughout the day on the Sunday www.hochanda.com
Find Aqua pens on Crafter’s Companion UK: https://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/brands/spectrum-noir/spectrum-aqua.html
My samples for the show are below as well as some info on how I created them:
001_image_1.scale-400

Side stepper card and watercolour card.  Stamped by taking the brush nib directly to the stamp.  Once stamped, use a little water and a brush to pull the colour out.  When stamping the text don’t forget that you have the super fine nib to touch up any gaps.  The background was created by creating a pale wash using 1 colour and a brush and water.  I’ve added some clear spectrum sparkle pen to the flowers in the background and I have edged everything directly from the pen.   I used the Stamping Platform to create the patterns accurately. 

002_image_2.scale-400
This card was created by white embossing onto watercolour card.  I washed over with the ink and then coloured in the shapes.  I’ve made acetate “springs” to make the flowers pop out! 

003_image_3.scale-400
This is another white embossing technique.  I then scribbled the pens directly only the card and spritzed with water.   The backing card is the Ice Blue luxury card from Crafter’s Companion. 

004_image_4.scale-400
The topper was inked directly from the stamp and stamped onto watercolour card and then using a water on a brush to pull out the colour.  The background is created by scribbling onto your ink mat and spritzing with water – then splash the card into it.  I then further inked the edges.

005_image_5.scale-400
This side stepper card background was created like the last one: scribbling onto your ink mat and spritzing with water – then splash the card into it.  The images were stamped in archival ink and coloured in using the pens.

006_image_6.scale-400
The background was created using the salt technique (scribble onto watercolour card, spritz with plenty of water, cover in salt rocks).  I also added some clear spectrum sparkle whilst wet in patches.  This technique produces a cool organic/facetted effect.  I then used silver and a black/green embossing powders and coloured in with the pens.

007_image_7b.scale-400
Using Sheena stamping card I threw a number of techniques at this one.  Firstly, I stamped gesso onto the background.  Then I created a coloured embossing resist by sponging both pen and glycerin onto the stamp before heat embossing with clear powder.  I inked the colours using the pens, glycerin and an inking tool. I used a damp baby wipe to take the colour off the gesso.  I also used a pen spritzer and coloured the details. The sentiment was also a “custom-embossing” by sponging both ink and glycerin onto the stamp then heat embossing with clear powder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment