Thursday 10 August 2017

Speed Art: Queen Nefertiti Canvas (Pebeo Mixed Media)

This is probably one of my favourite pieces ever.  I have a lot of respect for the mysterious queen Nefertiti (one of my cats is called Nefertiti too) and have tried to portray the magnificence of her famous bust using Pebeo mixed media fantasy paints.  The special effects from the fantasy paints have allowed me to create almost a hammered metal effect for the main sections (using the moon paints) and a jewelled effect for the precious stones (using the fantasy paints).  The foiling adds to her majestic qualities.
I’m always looking for ways to do something differently and so it was nice to try a portrait with the Fantasy paints because they are so unpredictable that it was almost silly to do such a thing … so I did!
The video is below and if you ever want to subscribe or browse my YouTube channel please visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyDA03JqiANdqVhV6DRbbA
Ingredients
  • Black Gesso
  • Transparent Liner
  • Black Liner
  • Mixtion Relief
  • Gold Foil
  • Empire Gold Gilding Wax
  • White 4Artists marker
  • Fantasy Moon paints and Fantasy Prisme paints



R Davies-Sandall Queen NefertitiImage result for nefertiti

1 comment:

  1. So beutiful creation and a wonderful blog. Im following you and welcome to follow Me back if you want :0)
    Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit and follow my blog}
    Designteam leader at TTCRD
    Designteam member at
    Crafts and Me
    Lacy Sunshine
    &
    Copic Europa

    ReplyDelete