Saturday 26 August 2017

Mockingbird Hill Done 2 Ways: Festive v. Spooky Halloween

I finally got around to finishing my first Mockingbird Hill houses using the stamps and die sets from Sheena Douglass.  Using the exact same sets I have created 2 looks – one is for my mum (I’m planning on making her a little mini card village for the winter holidays) and one is for my favourite holiday – Halloween!  The festive one is snowy and twinkly and the spooky one is covered in cobweb and glows in the dark!

To make them into tea lights I have created side panels wide enough for a battery operated tea light and a solid back by tracing the outline of the house. 

001_image_1.scale-400

Materials:

  • Stamps and dies by Sheena Douglass Mockingbird Hill
  • Sheena stamping card
  • Spectrum Aqua pens
  • Red glitter card from Crafter’s Companion luxury card pack
  • Orange mirror card
  • Snowtex
  • Iridescent fine glitter
  • Stickles
  • Pebeo phosphorescent medium
  • Clear acetate for the windows
  • Spectrum Noir alcohol pens to tint the acetate
  • Archival ink in coffee and black


002_image_2.scale-400

For the festive house I have coloured everything with my Spectrum aqua pens.  Additional roofs were cut out and layered on top.  I also used the fairy lights from one of the other sets in the range and removed to snow to get it to fit this house.  The snow was then used on the floor.  I’ve added Snowtex and sprinkle on some ultra fine glitter whilst it was still wet.  All the fairy lights and the foliage was decorated with a red, blue and green stickles glitter glue.

003_image_3.scale-400

For the spooky house I’ve used the same methods to create the house as about but using a greyer colour scheme with my pens.  I even drew and cut out a little pumpkin to put on the door.  For decoration I’ve tinted the acetate windows with my orange and grey spectrum noir alcohol pens, stuck pretend cobweb on and I’ve even added clear Pebeo phosphorescent medium around the windows, door and to create spooky glowing eyes on the house.

004_image_4.scale-400

No comments:

Post a Comment